The Appalshop’s 27th Annual Seedtime on the Cumberland Festival of
Traditional Mountain Music & Arts will take place THIS WEEKEND, June 7-8,
here at the Appalshop grounds in downtown Whitesburg, Ky. Consider
this your formal invitation to come visit us here at WMMT! There’s a
wide array of amazing things happening, including:
- All sorts of musical performers, ranging from old-time to bluegrass to
honky tonk, including: Lee Sexton, Karen Collins, Rob McNurlin & his
Cowboy Band, Sheila Kay Adams, The Whitetop Mountaineers, The Clack
Mountain String Band, The Stuart Brothers, Rich & the Po’ Folk,
Jimmy & Ada McCown, Will Caudill & Route 7, Cari Norris, The
Railsplitters, the Cowan Youth String Band, & more!
- The Carcassonne Square Dance, the longest continuously-running square dance in Kentucky, on the Appalshop grounds on Saturday, June 8
- A series of film screenings from the Appalshop Archives and the Appalachian Media Institute
- Handmade Artists, Vendors, & Demonstrators of all shapes & types
- A brand-new play by renowned playwright & performer Angelyn DeBord
- A book-signing with the inimitable Gurney Norman of the newly re-released Ancient Creek
- The Youth Bored Annual Punk Showcase & Flea Market
- A Shape-Note Singing Workshop with Dr. Ron Pen
- A live performance of the Floyd Radio Show
- An exhibit from the Kentucky Folklife Center in the Appalshop Gallery: The Makings of a Master: Kentucky Folk Art Apprenticeships
- A guided hike up Whitesburg’s Town Hill
And, as always, the festival will be broadcast LIVE on WMMT! So if you can’t make it to Whitesburg, you can do the next best thing, and listen from wherever you are through our 24/7 online stream. For a full schedule of events & more information on Seedtime, including a history of the festival, photo galleries of Seedtimes past, and lodging
info, check out the Seedtime website at seedtimefestival.org. For any questions, feel free to get in touch with us at WMMT at (606) 633-0108 or through email at email@example.com.
We’ll see y’all this weekend!